Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Happy Birthday, Myxl!

Myxl has had birthdays away from home before (i.e., summer camp), but this was the first time he has had a birthday outside the country. Tia and Tio evidently wanted to make it memorable.
It was.
Myxl made a fashion statement.

I didn't get him anything here (my gift comes later), but I made a card, as did the cousins, and they got him a Spanish shirt and cap

I also got to help Tia make the cake.  Side note: it is very interesting to try baking in a place with no vanilla.  Also, there was no milk in the cake; only yogurt (it was delicious), and we injected something that reminded me of Irish Cream into the cake after baking, which made the cake very moist.

We all had a wonderful time, although the weather got quite warm (90+ with humidity), and we went swimming.

After that, we really had to get started on packing, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment